|Overall Length of HT Lead||76 mm / 2.99 inches|
|Diameter of Fixing Hole(s)||5.5 mm / 0.22 inches|
|Distance Between Fixing Holes (Centre of Eye to Centre of Eye)||52 mm / 2.05 inches|
|Outer Diameter of HT Lead||2.08 mm / 0.08 inches|
|Outer Diameter of End of HT Lead||4.37 mm / 0.17 inches|
|Length of wiring||140 mm / 5.51 inches|
|Number of Connectors||2|
- This is a mini moto ignition coil for all air cooled 47cc & 49cc mini pocket bike engines
- These parts fit any air cooled model including the Mini Quad ATV, Mini Dirt Bike models, Mini Racing bike Cag GPand Mini Motard models
- It incorporates a 2 pin connection to the engine, an integrated spark plug lead and cap and cut off switch wire
- This is an electronic pack which generates spark when the flywheel spins next to it
- A Petrolscooter branded part
Buyers will receive ONLY number 3 from the diagram.
The cut-out switch wire is also available for this item: please search for cut-out switch wire in our shop.
It comes exactly as pictured although there could be small colour variations.
How do I work out which coil I need?
As a general rule, if your old coil looks the same it probably will be the same, as coils tend not to be too complicated. Most machines of this type run 12v electrical systems so a quad may have the same coil as a road legal scooter. To make life easy for yourself please check your existing coil prior to purchase to ensure that you are ordering the correct type for your machine. Coils come with spark plug caps, unless otherwise pictured. The main things to check are the distance between fitting holes and whether the connecting plugs have male or female plugs.
To locate your coil just follow the lead that goes away from your spark plug. Ignition coils carry the electrical current from the CDI to the spark plug on 4-stroke engines and, on 2-strokes, from the flywheel to the spark plug. If you have lost your spark or can see damage to the coil or the high tension lead then you may need a replacement. Coils can fail at any time and without warning. To test for spark remove the spark plug, place the plug back in the spark plug cap, hold the tip of the plug against the metal of the engine and crank the engine over, you should see a spark. CAUTION: use insulated gloves or insulated tools as coils produce high voltage.
- All our coils are made by machine manufacturers so you know the parts have been designed for the machines we suggest
- All our ignition coils are electrically tested by our supplier to ensure that they function to the highest ISO standards
- Precision manufactured to ensure a consistently high quality spark