- A genuine performance part for all 50cc - 125cc pit bikes and quads with frame mount coils
- This unit provides a stronger more precise spark to maximise power at high revs
- Works on many older pit bike kick start models like Stomp, Demon X, M2R, Pitster Pro, Piranha, SSR, Braaap Atomik, DHZ, Xsport, Thumpstar,plus many more
- Comes with coil pack, spark plug lead and cap as pictured. This replaces bolt on style coils on older engines
- A branded Petrolscooter part
- Overall length of HT lead : 482 mm (19 inches)
- Dimensions of coil fixing hole/s: 8.5x6 mm (0.33x0.23 inches)
- Distance between coil fixing holes (centre of eye to centre of eye): 57.5 mm (2.26 inches)
- Length of coil terminal (metal section only): 11 mm (0.43 inches)
How do I work out which coil I need?
As a general rule, if your old coil looks the same it probably will be the same, as coils tend not to be too complicated. Most machines of this type run 12v electrical systems so a quad may have the same coil as a road legal scooter. To make life easy for yourself please check your existing coil prior to purchase to ensure that you are ordering the correct type for your machine. Coils come with spark plug caps, unless otherwise pictured. The main things to check are the distance between fitting holes and whether the connecting plugs have male or female plugs.
To locate your coil just follow the lead that goes away from your spark plug. Ignition coils carry the electrical current from the CDI to the spark plug on 4-stroke engines and, on 2-strokes, from the flywheel to the spark plug. If you have lost your spark or can see damage to the coil or the high tension lead then you may need a replacement. Coils can fail at any time and without warning. To test for spark remove the spark plug, place the plug back in the spark plug cap, hold the tip of the plug against the metal of the engine and crank the engine over, you should see a spark. CAUTION: use insulated gloves or insulated tools as coils produce high voltage.
- All our coils are made by machine manufacturers so you know the parts have been designed for the machines we suggest
- All our ignition coils are electrically tested by our supplier to ensure that they function to the highest ISO standards
- Precision manufactured to ensure a consistently high quality spark
- Produced from super conductive material to deliver better performance than standard coils
Which machines do these parts fit?
This ignition coil fits Chinese 50 -150cc pit bikes and quads. Ignition coils often crossover to fit many other engines, so please check the dimensions and pictures to confirm their suitability for other machines.