|Outer Diameter||42 mm / 1.65 inches|
|Width||12 mm / 0.47 inches|
|Inner Diameter||20 mm / 0.79 inches|
This is a 6004Z roller bearing. Customers will receive 1 bearing. The bearing number is written on the side of your old bearing.
This roller bearing will suit a range of different applications. Buyers will receive one bearing as pictured. Many bearings cross-over to fit other applications. Please check your existing bearings prior to purchase to ensure that you are ordering the correct type for your machine. Key things to check are the outer diameter, inner diameter, width and bearing code, which written on the outer case of the bearing. The dimensions of this bearing are specified in the table at the bottom of this page.
What does the bearing code mean?
This is the code that is normally etched onto the side of the bearing. Most quality bearings will show a code.
The code is used to signify what type of bearing it is. For example, bearings that have the code 6001 will always have the same dimensions. The letters that follow this code tell you what type of cover/s the bearing has. Below is a list of the different letters that are used, and what they mean:
- RS or DDU: The bearing has a double rubber seal, one on each side, which covers the rollers inside the bearing. This is used to prevent dirt and grime from entering the rollers and clogging them up. This type of bearing is often found on wheels
- NR: The bearing includes a snap ring around its outer diameter, which is used to increase the overall size of the bearing
- Z: One side of the bearing rollers is covered by a metal shield to cover and protect the rollers. The other side of the rollers is open
- ZZ: The rollers on both sides of the bearing are covered by a metal shield
- No letter: If no letter follows the bearing size code then the rollers are open / uncovered. This is common when the bearing is situated inside 'wet' areas, such as gearboxes, so that the oil can help lubricate the rollers
For example, a 6001 Z bearing will have specific dimensions, and will have a metal shield on one side to protect the rollers. The other side will be open. A 6001 RS bearing will have plastic dust covers on either side. A 6001 NR/ZZ bearing will have double metal shields and a snap ring.
Which machines do these parts fit?
This item will fit Chinese Mini Motos / pit bikes / petrol scooters / go karts / road legal scooters / quad bikes. Most bearings may crossover to fit many other machines, so please check the dimensions and pictures to confirm their suitability for other models. If the code matches the one on your existing bearing, then it will be a direct replacement for your set-up.