- Bearing code 6000Z, used as a wheel and steering roller bearing
- Sealed metal cased both sides and pre greased
- Used on many small axle machines such as mini motos, pocket bikes, midi motos, petrolscooters and gokarts
- The bearing code is embossed on the bearing casing
- A Petrolscooter branded part
Please check your bearing size as there are other bearings sizes used depending upon the manufacturer.
Customers will receive 1 bearing. The bearing number is written on the side of your old bearing.
It is advisable to replace both bearings if one has failed.
What does the bearing code mean?
This is the code that is normally etched onto the side of the bearing. Most quality bearings will show a code.
The code is used to signify what type of bearing it is. For example, bearings that have the code 6001 will always have the same dimensions. The letters that follow this code tell you what type of cover/s the bearing has. Below is a list of the different letters that are used, and what they mean:
- RS or DDU: The bearing has a double rubber seal, one on each side, which covers the rollers inside the bearing. This is used to prevent dirt and grime from entering the rollers and clogging them up. This type of bearing is often found on wheels
- NR: The bearing includes a snap ring around its outer diameter, which is used to increase the overall size of the bearing
- Z: One side of the bearing rollers is covered by a metal shield to cover and protect the rollers. The other side of the rollers is open
- ZZ: The rollers on both sides of the bearing are covered by a metal shield
- No letter: If no letter follows the bearing size code then the rollers are open / uncovered. This is common when the bearing is situated inside 'wet' areas, such as gearboxes, so that the oil can help lubricate the rollers
For example, a 6001 Z bearing will have specific dimensions, and will have a metal shield on one side to protect the rollers. The other side will be open. A 6001 RS bearing will have plastic dust covers on either side. A 6001 NR/ZZ bearing will have double metal shields and a snap ring.
|Bearing Code||6000 Z|
|Outer Diameter||26 mm / 1.02 inches|
|Width||8 mm / 0.31 inches|
|Inner Diameter||10 mm / 0.39 inches|
|Roller Type||Ball rollers|
|Guard Type||Metal shield on both sides|
|Threading Size (Thread per Inch)||N/A|